Digital Designer Summer Internship
This is an UNPAID summer work experience program, not an application for employment.
Summer 2019 (dependent on university term of candidate)
We are looking for a talented designer to work with us on future versions of our user interface. While this is an internship at this time, you will have the opportunity to stretch the role and grow as a professional. If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you.
We are a home-grown UAE start-up that has created some of the most exciting and leading-edge smart home and sustainability tech. You’ll be part of a small and close-knit team that has decades of experience of working in Canada, UK, USA, Bahrain, India and this region. If you like the idea of having autonomy over your work and making a big impact, then we’d love to chat with you.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and test new features
• Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
• Bug fixing and improving application performance
• Work with outside data sources and APIs
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Education level: a successful candidate should have a background in computer science, engineering or a related subject.
Experience: a student or fresh graduate
• Proven software development experience and mobile skills development
• Experience working with HTML 5, CSS, Java Script, Bootstrap 4, JQuery
• Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
• Creativity and problem-solving attitude
• Time management and task management
• Teamwork and communication
• Self-starter, ability to take initiative and run with a project with little assistance
• A desire to assist the team and deliver high-quality initiatives at all costs
• Familiarity with UI/UX design techniques and best practices
Candidate must have their own laptop with the required software suite(s) and be on their own / parental visa / student visa.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refrain from calling our corporate lines or using online chat. All communication for internships will be completed in writing via email.