Sales & Marketing Summer Internship
This is an UNPAID summer work experience program, not an application for employment.
Summer 2019 (dependent on university term of candidate)
We are looking for a marketing intern that would like to join us in developing a compelling brand and marketing strategy for our exciting tech company. Part of the role will also be to create and manage content for social media and marketing campaigns. In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for details. If you have a few creative bones in your body and can graphic design marketing content, that would be a huge bonus! You’ll also be assisting our Business Development Director with sales proposals and prospecting, going to meetings with him and pitching to prospective clients. In this role, you should be highly creative and have a sharp eye for details.
You’ll be our go-to marketing expert and you’ll have the opportunity to stretch the role and grow as a professional. If you’re passionate about design and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you.
We are a home-grown UAE start-up that has created some of the most exciting and leading-edge smart home and sustainability tech. You’ll be part of a small and close-knit team that has decades of experience of working in Canada, UK, USA, Bahrain, India and this region. If you like the idea of having autonomy over your work and making a big impact, then we’d love to chat with you.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Evaluate the current product offerings and the respective marketing strategies
• Conduct a thorough brand analysis and recommend corrective actions for specific initiatives
• Collaborate with team members to launch new projects and pitch to prospective clients
• Create and manage the brand’s digital marketing strategy
• Create engaging content for social media and manage the corporate social media accounts
• Understand project requirements and concepts, and pitch creative ideas
• Assist in prospecting new clients via LinkedIn and cold calling
• Create print and digital marketing collateral (posters, brochures, infographics, social media posts etc.)
• Take on special design tasks (PowerPoint slides, reports)
• Ensure that projects are delivered seamlessly with a close attention to detail
• Project and time manage your own deliverables
Education level: a successful candidate should have a background in marketing, graphic design, digital marketing or multimedia design.
Experience: a student or fresh graduate
• Creativity and problem-solving attitude
• Time management and task management
• Teamwork and communication
• Self-starter, ability to take initiative and run with a project with little assistance
• A desire to assist the team and deliver high-quality initiatives at all costs
• Microsoft office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
• Adobe suite (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Familiarity with design techniques and best practices
• Ability to translate materials from English to Arabic
Candidate must have their own laptop with the required design software suite(s) and be on their own / parental visa / student visa.